Water-based paint additives sourced by Ankush Enterprise are chemical compounds which are incorporated in water-based paint formulations to enhance their performance and appearance. These additives improve properties such as viscosity, flow and levelling, and drying time, as well as improve colour acceptance and stability. By using the right additives supplied by Ankush Enterprise, manufacturers can create high-quality water-based coatings that meet the needs and preferences of their customers.
Water-based paint additives are substances that are added to water-based paints to modify their properties and enhance their performance. Some common additives for water-based paint, supplied by India’s leading water-based paint additive suppliers Ankush Enterprise include:
1. Adhesion Promoter: The adhesion promoter for paint is an additive to promote the adhesion of the film to the substrate. It has an affinity for the substrate and the applied coating and forms a permanent and strong bonding.
2. Biocides / Preservatives: These are water-based paint additives that help prevent the growth of mold, mildew, and other micro-organisms on the painted surface.
3. Coalescing Agent: A coalescing agent's primary role is to soften the polymer, allowing a solid uniform continuous film as the paint dries.
4. Defoamers / Antifoams: These anti-foaming water-based paint additives reduce or eliminate foam in the paint, thus preventing the formation of air bubbles on the painted surface. This reduces imperfections in the finished surface and improves its appearance.
5. Dispersing and Wetting Agent: A dispersant or a dispersing agent is a substance, typically a surfactant, that is added to a suspension of solid or liquid particles in a liquid (such as a colloid or emulsion) to improve the separation of the particles and to prevent their settling or clumping.
6. Emulsion Stabilizers: These are water-based paint additives that help improve the stability of the paint, reducing its risk of separation or curdling.
7. Flow and Levelling Agents: These additives give good flow and levelling and reduce brush marks also reduce the viscosity of the paint which improves its flow and application properties by creating a smooth, even finish.
8. Pigment Dispersants: Pigment dispersants are two-component structures, with the anchoring group providing strong adsorption onto the pigment surface. Polymeric chains, which are attached to the anchor group, provide stabilization.
9. Surface Tension Modifiers: They act as substrate-wetting agents to reduce the surface tension of the liquid. This additive provides superior surface smoothness and prevents the formation of fisheyes, craters and pinholes.
10. Thickeners / Viscosity Modifiers: These water-based paint additives increase the viscosity of the paint without substantially changing its other properties/ give a good flow and levelling effect which makes it easier to apply and reduces drips and sags.
Ankush Enterprise is India’s leading water-based paint additive supplier. We supply grades of high-quality additives for water-based paint from globally renowned manufacturers like SAN NOPCO - JAPAN and LANXESS - INDIA to name a few.
Top Searched Keywords